Clann Lir Academy offers classes for every ability level, starting at four years old.
Weekly class schedule varies by location, please see below. However, Saturday classes in Middletown, RI are available for students from all locations to attend. Private lessons are also offered on an appointment basis.
How do I register for classes?
- Review our dance levels to understand what level your dancer is at, or to determine what level your dancer should join Clann Lir Academy
- Review our class schedule and hours of class offered at each level, below
- Go to our Parents Portal to register, and pay tuition*
- Use our how to guide to help you register
- Your registration will be complete once payment is made and you receive a confirmation email!
- Review our Feis FAQs if you are a beginner competitive dancer
- If you need any assistance with registering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Online registration and tuition payment is currently only available for our Hingham and Middletown Academies
Clann Lir Academy operates on a trimester schedule with a reduced Summer schedule:
- Trimester 1: September – November
- Trimester 2: December – February
- Trimester 3: March – May
- Summer: Regular June classes held along with August Summer Camp (1 week)
Additional workshops and classes are offered throughout the school year to prepare for major competitions and events.
Our current weekly schedule for each Academy is below:
How many hours of class do you offer at each level?
The table below provides an overview of the hours of class offered for each level per week. Number of hours may vary by location. If you have any questions about our class offerings please email us at email@example.com.
|Level / Hours per week||1 hr||2 hrs||4 hrs||6 hrs||8 hrs|
How much is tuition per trimester?
Tuition fees are based on the number of hours of class taken each week. Current rates are outlined in our Parents Portal and available for review prior to registering.
Tuition at our Scituate location differs. Please email us if you would like more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there additional fees after trimester tuition?
Additional Workshops & Classes
Depending on the dancers level and individual goals, additional workshops and classes might be recommended to prepare for competitions or other major events.
Some students elect to take private lesson to further their instructions. These are optional and conducted in consultation with the Academy Director.
In consultation with the Parents Association, Clann Lir Association, a basic school uniform (black pants and top) has been adopted for all classes.
Depending upon the dancers level, a dress rental may be required in order to compete at competitions. The dress is rented on a calendar year or as needed basis with a deposit required. Current fees are displayed in the Parents Portal and available for review.
Recitals & Other Events
Clann Lir Academy holds recitals in May, which requires additional rehearsal classes to prepare for. Additionally, from time-to-time, Clann Lir Academy brings in guest adjudicators to review each students progress at a Class Feis.
Does every dancer have to compete?
No. Clann Lir Academy offers instruction for both competitive and non-competitive dancers. While we do encourage all our students to dance competitively, at a Feis, it is not a requirement and we have many students who take classes purely for the joy of learning Irish dance!
What amount of commitment does competing require?
Commitment varies by the level of dancer and age. As dancer progress a greater time commitment is needed to continue to progress and prepare for major competitions or a regional Feis.
Please review our Feis FAQs for more information.